Unforgettable things to do in Mykonos, Greece
Your visit to Mykonos will be unforgettable anyway. There are so many interesting things to do, so many beautiful places to be and such a big variety of activities that even the most hard-to-please visitors will definitely have a really good time. Here we can give you only a few tips on some of the most exceptional things you can do in Mykonos.
Rent a yacht to Delos and Rinia
Delos and Rinia are two islets very close to Mykonos island. They were both famous in ancient times, especially Delos as it was said to be the birth place of God Apollo and Goddess Artemis. They have big archeological sites where visitors can see parts of temples, houses and recreation areas. Delos Archeological Museum holds a lot of items, statues and tools found at the excavations.
You can visit Delos by the public ferry but if you really want to enjoy all the beauty of its beaches you should better rent a private yacht. Yachts have their own skipper and crew and are the most convenience and relaxing way to visit Delos and Rinia.
Private yachts come in different sizes and prices and you can easily find the one that suits you best. You can ask your skipper to choose the beaches he will take you to and you can stop wherever you feel like diving, swimming or sunbathing.
Stay in a luxury villa or a boutique hotel
If you are looking for the best accommodation in Mykonos, you should search among villa in Mykonos or the five star boutique hotels. They both can offer you an unforgettable place to stay in style, luxury and privacy.
Mykonos Villas can offer more privacy, as some of them are located in remote spots where the nearest neighbor can be hundreds of meters away. They compete each other in luxury and design. They usually offer exclusive services such as limousines with drivers, private chefs and trainers and a lot more.
Five star boutique hotels are usually near Mykonos Town or one of the best sandy beaches of the island. They often have their own restaurants, bars, spa, exercise areas and private beaches. They have only a few rooms and suites; therefore they are much quieter than the big hotels. Some of the best ones are:
- Myconian Naia, Vryssi, Mýkonos City
- Greco Philia, Elia Beach
- Branco, Platis Gialos Beach
- Boheme, Mykonos City
- Anax Resort and Spa, Agios Ioannis Beach
- Nissaki, Platis Yialos Beach
- Kensho, Ornos Beach
Swim at a distant and not-so-famous quiet beach, such as Kapari, Fragia and Fokos beaches
Very crowded and noisy beaches are not so attractive to most tourists. If you are one of them, you can avoid the most famous beaches in Mykonos and try some not-so-famous ones. We give you three examples but you can find more, according to your tastes.
- Kapari is located on the west coast of the island near the cosmopolitan Agios Ioannis beach and has a wonderful view to Delos and the sunset. It is a virgin beach with no restaurants and bars. Kapari is ideal for nudists and couples.
- Fragia is only accessible by sea and also doesn’t have any touristic venues. It is situated at the south – eastern corner of Mykonos, a little further from Lia beach. Fragia will amaze you with the natural landscape, the golden sand and the crystal clear waters.
- Fokos is located at the north seashore of the island and often strong winds blow here. Fine sand, wild rocky surroundings and the turquoise sea make it a perfect serene beach when the winds are low. Fokos has only one tavern with great local dishes.
Visit unique art galleries with extraordinary works of art such as Rarity gallery
Mykonos is a great place to go shopping, especially the main city where you can find everything – from famous designers’ clothes to souvenirs. There are many art galleries where art lovers can just admire the exhibits or even buy a piece they like.
One of these galleries is Rarity Gallery on Kalogera Street in Mykonos Town. Here you will find paintings and sculptures by famous and uprising contemporary artists.